Welcome to Tudor Gate Surgery
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
NEW PHARMACY SERVICE
Some community pharmacies are offering the new Common Ailments Service. Patients can access this new free NHS service where they can get advice and treatment
Closed circuit television is installed at the practice premises for the purpose of staff, patient and premises security. Cameras are located at various places on the premises, and images from the cameras are recorded.
How we use your medical records - Important information for patients
- This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see the practice privacy notice on the website or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights
There is a free on-line ‘Life after Cancer’ resource. This research is based on the stories of research participant who are living beyond cancer diagnosis and treatments.
This resource was produced in collaboration with Velindre Cancer Centre, Tenovus Cancer Care, e-Cancer.org, Macmillan and staff from Cardiff University, School of Healthcare Sciences
Bowel Screening Wales
Bowel Screening reduces your risk of dying from bowel cancer. Men and women aged 60 to 74 are invited to take part every two years. When due you will be sent a screening test kit. If you have any concerns contact the Free phone helpline on 0800 294 3370
(Site updated 03/02/2020)